My wardrobe and makeup consists of five-minute options/routine as school runs are always a mad dash for us. I try to keep my look classic and basic so I feel like I look put together and don’t look like I have rolled out of bed ( sometimes unavoidable lol) I recently just purchased some refills, these items are my staples and I never switch out. I think it is definitely important to have staples items in any mum’s collection of makeup and clothes collections to take some stress away from the morning routines with kids.
They arrived today so I thought I would share what I use. I have never been a big makeup lover but over the years have grown to love certain things that don’t fail me.
My Make Up Must Haves
- Mac Mineralize Skin Finish ( Dark): Great also if I don’t want to wear a foundation and have a lighter look
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick: (Warm Almond)
- Studio 5 Kabuki brush, Blusher brush, Eco Powder brush: Not a makeup brush snob and buy whichever but these three brushes are fab for me. Studio 5 Kabuki brush. I used to put my foundation on with my hands but changed to this and it gives a much better flawless finish.
- Maybelline Baby Lips: Love nude lips and lip balm is my preferred choice to get this look. This is my absolute fav and never leave home without it. My favorite colour is peach kiss comes out with a slight tint. smells lovely too
- Mac Lipstick: Not a lipstick fan but Mac give you free lipstick when you return 6 empty powders, so have come to love the nude colours. I have currently Lustre Fresh Brew & Cremesheen Creme in Coffe
- Wunderbrow: This was given to me by the lovely sister, perfect for a subtle eyebrow look that lasts
- I always wear eyeliner, waterproof mascara and a subtle blush but not picky on what these are and just wear whatever is available.
I don’t like to think too much when getting ready, so have made the decision to start working on a capsule wardrobe and will be further decluttering my wardrobe and stripping it right back to things I really love and reflect me. Will definitely help with the rushed out of the house look that everyone wants to avoid. Stay tuned for the coming posts on how to start a capsule wardrobe. Below pics is my school run look today and what I generally wear. What is your go-to school run look? Comment below
Jeans and Jacket Topshop, Jumper H&M, Trainers ConverseSubscribe to our mailing list to find out when the ‘Capsule Wardrobe’ post is up